- “Seller” shall mean Forkserve Pty Ltd and its successors and assigns.
- “Buyer” shall mean the Buyer or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Buyer.
- “Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity who agrees herein to be liable for the debts of the Buyer on a principal debtor basis.
- “Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined).
- “Services” shall mean all services supplied by the Seller to the Buyer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined supra).
- “Price” shall mean the cost of the Goods as agreed between the Seller and the Buyer subject to clause 4 of this contract.
- Any instructions received by the Seller from the Buyer for the supply of Goods and/or the Buyer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by the Seller shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Where more than one Buyer has entered into this agreement, the Buyer’s shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Buyer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the manager of the Seller.
- None of the Seller’s agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Seller in writing nor is the Seller bound by any such unauthorised statements.
- The Buyer undertakes to give the Seller not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Buyer’s name and/or any other change in the Buyer’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Buyer’s address, facsimile number, or business practice).
- The Goods are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other work commencement forms as provided by the Seller to the Buyer.
Price And Payment
- At the Seller’s sole discretion the Price shall be either;
- as indicated on invoices provided by the Seller to the Buyer in respect of Goods supplied; or
- the Seller’s quoted Price which shall be binding upon the Seller provided that the Buyer shall accept in writing the Seller’s quotation within thirty (30) days.
- At the Seller’s sole discretion a deposit may be required. The deposit amount or percentage of the Price will be stipulated at the time of the order of the Goods and shall become immediately due and payable.
- Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice, quotation or any other order forms. If no time is stated then payment shall be on delivery of the Goods.
- At the Seller’s sole discretion, payment for approved Buyer’s shall be due on thirty (30) days following the end of the month in which a statement is posted to the Buyer’s address or address for notices.
- Payment will be made by cash on delivery, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by credit card, or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Buyer and the Seller.
- The Price shall be increased by the amount of any GST and other taxes and duties which may be applicable, except to the extent that such taxes are expressly included in any quotation given by the Seller.
Delivery Of Goods / Services
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer’s address. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery, or delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Buyer at the Seller’s address.
- Delivery of the Goods to a carrier, either named by the Buyer or failing such naming to a carrier at the discretion of the Seller for the purpose of transmission to the Buyer, is deemed to be a delivery of the Goods to the Buyer.
- The costs of carriage and any insurance which the Buyer reasonably directs the Seller to incur shall be reimbursed by the Buyer (without any set-off or other withholding whatsoever) and shall be due on the date for payment of the Price. The carrier shall be deemed to be the Buyer’s agent.
- The failure of the Seller to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all.
- If the Seller retains property in the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Buyer on delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed prior to property in them passing to the Buyer, the Seller is entitled, without prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies under these Terms and Conditions of Trade (including the right to receive payment of the balance of the Price for the Goods), to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. This applies whether or not the Price has become payable under the Contract. The production of these terms and conditions by the Seller is sufficient evidence of the Seller’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Seller to make further enquiries.
- The Buyer hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel the contract or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any misrepresentation made to him by any servant or agent of the Seller and the Buyer acknowledges that he buys the Goods relying solely upon his own skill and judgement and that the Seller shall not be bound by nor responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than the warranty given by the Manufacturer which warranty shall be personal to the Buyer and shall not be transferable to any subsequent Buyer.
- The Buyer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within seven (7) days of delivery notify the Seller of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Buyer shall afford the Seller an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Buyer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Buyer shall fail to comply with these provisions, the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the terms and conditions and free from any defect or damage.
- For Goods, which the Seller has agreed in writing that the Buyer is entitled to reject, the Seller’s liability is limited to either (at the Seller’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods provided that:
- the Buyer has complied with the provisions of clause 8.1;
- the Goods are returned at the Buyer’s cost within thirty (30) days of the delivery date;
- the Seller will not be liable for Goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner;
- the Goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material in as new condition as is reasonable possible in the circumstances.
- The Seller may (in its discretion) accept the Goods for credit but this may incur a handling fee of 10% of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight.
- The warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever, except for the express conditions as detailed and stipulated in the manufacturers warranty.
The Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 and Fair Trading Acts
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the Commonwealth Trade Practices Act 1974 or the Fair Trading Acts in each of the States and Territories of Australia, except to the extent permitted by those Acts where applicable.
Where the Seller has designed or drawn Goods for the Buyer, then the copyright in those designs and drawings shall remain vested in the Seller, and shall only be used by the Buyer at the Seller’s discretion.
- Conversely, in such a situation, where the Buyer has supplied drawings, the Seller in its sale conditions may look for an indemnity (the specifications and design of the Goods (including the copyright, design right or other intellectual property in them) shall as between the parties be the property of the Seller).
- Where any designs or specifications have been supplied by the Buyer for manufacture, by or to the order of the Seller then the Buyer warrants that the use of those designs or specifications for the manufacture, processing, assembly or supply of the Goods shall not infringe the rights of any third party.
Default & Consequences Of Default
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due daily until the date of payment at a rate of 2.5% compounding per calendar month and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgement.
- If the Buyer defaults in payment of any invoice when due, the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller from and against all the Seller’s costs and disbursements including on a solicitor and own client basis and in addition all of the Seller’s nominees costs of collection.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Seller may have, if at any time the Buyer is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), the Seller may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Buyer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. The Seller will not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage the Buyer suffers because the Seller exercised its rights under this clause.
- If any account remains unpaid at the end of the second month after supply of the goods or services an immediate amount of the greater of $100.00 or 10.00% of the amount overdue shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable in addition to the interest payable under clause 12.1 hereof.
- In the event that:
- (a) any money payable to the Seller becomes overdue, or in the Seller’s opinion the Buyer will be unable to meet its payments as they fall due; or
- (b) the Buyer becomes insolvent, convenes a meeting with its creditors or proposes or enters into an arrangement with creditors, or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- (c) a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise) or similar person is appointed in respect of the Buyer or any asset of the Buyer;
then without prejudice to the Seller’s other remedies at law
- (i) the Seller shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Buyer which remains unperformed in addition to and without prejudice to any other remedies; and
- all amounts owing to the Seller shall, whether or not due for payment, immediately become payable.
It is the intention of the seller and agreed by the Buyer that property in the Goods shall not pass until:
- The Buyer has paid all amounts owing for the particular Goods, and
- The Buyer has met all other obligations due by the Buyer to the Seller in respect of all contracts between the Seller and the Buyer, and that the Goods shall be kept separate until the Seller shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Buyer are met.
- It is further agreed that:
- Until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Seller to the Buyer the Seller may give notice in writing to the Buyer to return the Goods or any of them to the Seller. Upon such notice the rights of the Buyer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease.
- If the Buyer fails to return the Goods to the Seller then the Seller or the Seller’s agent may enter upon and into land and premises owned, occupied or used by the Buyer, or any premises as the invitee of the Buyer, where the Goods are situated and take possession of the Goods, without being responsible for any damage thereby caused.
- The Buyer is only a bailee of the Goods and until such time as the Seller has received payment in full for the Goods then the Buyer shall hold any proceeds from the sale or disposal of the Goods on trust for the Seller.
- The Buyer shall not deal with the money of the Seller in any way which may be adverse to the Seller.
- Receipt by the Seller of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised and until then the Seller’s ownership of rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
- The Buyer shall not charge the Goods in any way nor grant nor otherwise give any interest in the Goods while they remain the property of the Seller.
- The Seller may require payment of the Price or the balance of the Price due together with any other amounts due from the Buyer to the Seller arising out of these terms and conditions, and the Seller may take any lawful steps to require payment of the amounts due and the Price.
- The Seller can issue proceedings to recover the Price of the Goods sold notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to the Buyer.
- Until such time the Buyer has the Seller’s authority to convert the goods into other products and if the goods are so converted, the parties agree that the Seller will be the owner of the end products.
Security And Charge
Despite anything to the contrary contained herein or any other rights which the Seller may have howsoever:
- (a) Where the Buyer and/or the Guarantor (if any) is the owner of land, realty or any other asset capable of being charged, both the Buyer and/or the Guarantor agree to mortgage and/or charge all of their joint and/or several interest in the said land, realty or any other asset to the Seller or the Seller’s nominee to secure all amounts and other monetary obligations payable under the terms and conditions. The Buyer and/or the Guarantor acknowledge and agree that the Seller (or the Seller’s nominee) shall be entitled to lodge where appropriate a caveat, which caveat shall be released once all payments and other monetary obligations payable hereunder have been met.
- (b) Should the Seller elect to proceed in any manner in accordance with this clause and/or its sub-clauses, the Buyer and/or Guarantor shall indemnify the seller from and against all the Seller’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- (c) To give effect to the provisions of clause [14.1 (a) and (b)] inclusive hereof the Buyer and/or the Guarantor (if any) do hereby irrevocably nominate constitute and appoint the Seller or the Seller’s nominee as the Buyer’s and/or Guarantor’s true and lawful attorney to execute mortgages and charges (whether registerable or not) including such other terms and conditions as the Seller and/or the Seller’s nominee shall think fit in his/her/its/their absolute discretion against the joint and/or several interest of the Buyer and/or the Guarantor in any land, realty or asset in favour of the Seller and in the Buyer’s and/or Guarantor’s name as may be necessary to secure the said Buyer’s and/or Guarantor’s obligations and indebtedness to the Seller and further to do and perform all necessary and other acts including instituting any necessary legal proceedings, and further to execute all or any documents in the Seller’s absolute discretion which may be necessary or advantageous to give effect to the provisions of this clause.
- The Seller may cancel these terms and conditions or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- At the Sellers sole discretion the Buyer may cancel delivery of the Goods. In the event that the Buyer cancels delivery of the Goods the Buyer shall be liable for any costs incurred by the Seller up to the time of cancellation.
Privacy Act 1988
- The Buyer and/or the Guarantor/s agree for the Seller to obtain from a credit-reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Buyer and Guarantor/s in relation to credit provided by the Seller.
- The Buyer and/or the Guarantor/s agree that the Seller may exchange information about Buyer and Guarantor/s with those credit providers named in the Application for Credit account or named in a consumer credit report issued by a reporting agency for the following purposes:
- (a) To assess an application by Buyer;
- (b) To notify other credit providers of a default by the Buyer;
- (c) To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Buyer is in default with other credit providers; and
- (d) To assess the credit worthiness of Buyer and/or Guarantor/s.
- The Buyer consents to the Seller being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
- The Buyer agrees that Personal Data provided may be used and retained by the Seller for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Buyer and Seller or required by law from time to time:
- (a) provision of Services & Goods;
- (b) marketing of Services and or Goods by the Seller, its agents or distributors in relation to the Services and Goods;
- (c) analysing, verifying and/or checking the Buyer’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to provision of Services/Goods;
- (d) processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by Buyer; and
- (e) enabling the daily operation of Buyer’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Buyer’s account in relation to the Services and Goods.
- The Seller may give, information about the Buyer to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- (a) to obtain a consumer credit report about the Buyer; and or
- (b) allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Buyer.
Unpaid Seller’s Rights To Dispose Of Goods
In the event that:
- (a) the Seller retains possession or control of the Goods; and
- (b) payment of the Price is due to the Seller; and
- (c) the Seller has made demand in writing of the Buyer for payment of the Price in terms of this contract; and
- (d) the Seller has not received the Price of the Goods,
then, whether the property in the Goods has passed to the Buyer or has remained with the Seller, the Seller may dispose of the Goods and may claim from the Buyer the loss to the Seller on such disposal.
Lien & Stoppage in Transit
Where the Seller has not received or been tendered the whole of the price, or the payment has been dishonoured, the Seller shall have:
- (a) a lien on the goods;
- (b) the right to retain them for the price while the Seller is in possession of them;
- (c) a right of stopping the goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made or ownership has passed; and
- (d) a right of resale,
- (e) the foregoing right of disposal,
provided that the lien of the Seller shall continue despite the commencement of proceedings or judgement for the price having been obtained.
If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
All Goods supplied by the Seller are subject to the laws of Western Australia and the Seller takes no responsibility for changes in the law which affect the Goods supplied.
The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Buyer for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Buyer arising out of a breach by the Seller of these terms and conditions.
In the event of any breach of this contract by the Seller the remedies of the Buyer shall be limited to damages. Under no circumstances shall the liability of the Seller exceed the Price of the Services.
The Buyer shall not set off against the Price amounts due from the Seller.
The Seller may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Buyer’s consent.
The Seller reserves the right to review these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time. If, following any such review, there is to be any change in such terms and conditions, that change will take effect from the date on which the seller notifies the Buyer of such change.
Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
Conditions of Rental
- Definitions: “Delivery Address” means the ‘Delivery Address’ identified on the ‘Hire Contract’ page attached, and if there is none identified, then the address nominated by the Hirer for delivery of the Forklift; “Loss” includes damage to goods, and/or consequential and/or economic loss (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis); “Owner” means All Areas Fork Hire Pty Ltd A.C.N. 056 481 979 trading as All Areas Forklift Hire.
- Interpretation: Where the Hirer comprises two or more persons, they are bound jointly and severally. Terms defined on the ‘Hire Contract’ page attached carry their meaning in these conditions of rental.
- Binding Nature of Contract: The Hirer acknowledges and agrees that this contract and these conditions of rental are binding on the Hirer immediately upon: (a) acceptance of the offer for hire; or (b) execution of this contract and conditions of rental; or (c) delivery of the Forklift to the Delivery Address.
- Compulsory Requirements: To the extent permitted by law, this contract and conditions of rental excludes all conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom. If any condition herein is held invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such condition shall to that extent in that jurisdiction be deemed not to form part of this agreement but the validity and enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
- The Forklift: The Owner is the owner of the Forklift, or alternatively is authorised by the owner of the Forklift to enter into this contract. Subject to strict compliance by the Hirer with the terms hereof, the Owner rents the Forklift to the Hirer for the Term. Upon expiry of the Term: (a) the Hirer may only retain the Forklift with the written consent of the Owner; and (b) in the absence of any such consent, must immediately return the Forklift to the Owner in the manner required by the Owner.
- Delivery: The Hirer is and remains liable for all the Owner’s proper charges incurred in the delivery of the Forklift. If the Delivery Address is unattended or the Hirer fails to take delivery of the Forklift, the Owner may (and its action will constitute delivery): (a) leave the Forklift at the Delivery Address; or (b) store the Forklift at the Hirer’s cost.
- Payment: The Hirer must pay the Fee (from the commencement of the Term until the return of the Forklift to the Owner in good working order) and any other charges payable in accordance with the terms hereof to the Owner at the times specified herein (with time to be of the essence). Any invoice for any charge is payable within seven (7) days of the invoice date without set-off, cross-claim or reduction of any kind. In addition to the charges payable, in respect of any overdue amount, the Hirer must pay: (a) interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 10% percent per annum; and (b) all costs (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis) incurred by the Hirer in recovering the outstanding monies.
- Taxes: The Hirer shall, in addition to any other amounts payable hereunder, reimburse the Owner for any goods and services tax payable or assessable against the Owner and for any other applicable duties and/or charges imposed by any lawful authority.
- Maintenance: The Owner will carry out routine servicing and repairs of the Forklift in the manner and at the times nominated by the Owner (and the Hirer will make the Forklift available accordingly). Servicing will usually occur every 2 to 3 months and, where possible, servicing will be conducted at the Delivery Site between the hours of 7.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Overtime rates in accordance with the relevant Award will be charged for service outside these hours.
- Hirer Obligations: The Hirer shall, at its own cost: (a) ensure that the battery water supplies are maintained as recommended by the manufacturer; (b) ensure that the lubricants are maintained as recommended by the manufacturer; (c) ensure that all controls are functioning properly at all times; (d) ensure that the Forklift is kept in a clean and tidy conditions at all times; (e) maintain insurance over the Forklift to the reasonable satisfaction of the Owner (and provide the Owner with a copy of the policy number and certificate of currency upon request); (f) not move the Forklift from the Delivery Site without the written permission of the Owner; (g) not assign, sublet or otherwise part with possession or control of the Forklift; and (h) notify the Owner immediately of any loss, damage, breakdown or malfunction to the Forklift, and not continue to use the Forklift nor attempt to repair it or have it repaired without the Owner’s prior consent in writing.
- Liability: At all times and in all circumstances and for all purposes, the Forklift shall be and remain at the Hirer’s sole risk. The Owner’s liability in respect of any fault with the Forklift is limited to repairing or replacing the Forklift if it has been dead-lined for twenty-four hours consecutively, due to the Owner’s failure to supply service or spare parts. Except as provided above in this clause 11, the Owner shall not be liable for Loss or damage arising as a result of: (a) any act or omission whether wilful, reckless, negligent or otherwise of the Owner, its servants, agents or sub-contractors; or (b) any latent defect or inherent vice or natural deterioration of the Forklift; or (c) any act omission or neglect of the Hirer, including requesting the incorrect forklift; or (d) any charges incurred by the Hirer in hiring another forklift.
- Indemnity: The Hirer indemnifies the Owner, his servants, agents or sub-contractors against any Loss, liability, damage, death or injury arising out of: (a) any claim by any person in tort, contract, bailment or otherwise arising out of any act, omission or default by the Hirer; or (b) the Hirer requesting the incorrect forklift; or (c) the Hirer’s unauthorised detention of the Forklift; or (d) any breach by the Hirer of any other term hereof; or (e) any action taken by the Owner in accordance with clause 6.
- PPSR: The Owner may choose to register this contract under the Personal Properties Securities Act 2009 (Cth). The Hirer agrees to do all things necessary, at its cost, to facilitate such registration. The Hirer agrees to sign all documents or do all things necessary to perfect the Hirer’s rights under this contract.
- General: This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales. This contract together with anything written or printed on the reverse side hereof contain the whole of the agreement between the Hirer and the Owner and any previous agreements are hereby negated. The Hirer states that it did not rely on any representation, promise, warranty or condition not expressly made (in writing) part of this contract.